Sunday, September 1, 2013

biscuit donuts

Ingredients

  • Peanut oil (for frying or whatever other oil you would like if theirs an allergy)
  • ground cinnamon and sugar
  • strawberry jam or any kind of fruit you like 
  • 2 cans biscuits

Directions

Heat oil in a large pot or fryer to 350 degrees F.

In a shallow bowl, stir together the ground cinnamon and sugar and set aside. 

Lay out the biscuits on a cutting board and with a small cookie cut out a hole from the middle of each biscuit. I left about half whole for filling and I just like the light airiness of the whole donut.  Fry them in the oil until golden and then flip with tongs to fry the other side. You can even fry the donut holes. Drain on paper towels and then toss in the cinnamon-sugar. For the ones left whole I used a zip lock bag to put the strawberry jam in and poked a hole in the side of one of the donuts and squeeze the jam inside. I made these for Andy and his dad and step mom an they loved the filled donuts best. Make sure you serve these right away they are only good while hot!! i got the idea from my Grandpa he used to make these every morning for us grand kids growing up. I came up with the filled donut over the years trying new things! I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment