Monday, January 10, 2011

Chocolate cupcake molds

Brrr another cold day in the Rockies, :). Perfect for cooking. I was paging through my new Martha Stewart Magazine and I saw a cute idea to make these chocolate molds. Sorry I could not find the link on Martha's website she used milk chocolate and her molds turned out more uniform. Mine did not hold the round cupcake paper shape but I still think they are fun.


Ingredients:
white chocolate chips
paper cupcake liners
wooden spoon or cooking paint brush
peanut butter
nuts (peanut or almond)
small sauce pan


Using a cupcake pan I placed out a few paper cupcake liners. Then put some water in a small sauce pan and bring that to a boil. I added a few chocolate chips to a plastic bowl and placed on top on the boiling water, stirring with a wooden spoon. Once the chocolate melts add a little bit of the chocolate to the paper liners and either use your wooden spoon to spread the chocolate all over the inside of the liner or use a cooking paint brush to cook your liners. Then place the chocolate in the fridge for 10 minutes to set. Leave your sauce pan boiling. When the chocolate has set remove the pan and add more chocolate to a small bowl and continue temporing the chocolate for a second coat. Apply to the set chocolate and put the liners back in the fridge for another 10 minutes. While your waiting for the chocolate go ahead and add your peanut butter to a piping bag. Martha used a star piping tip but I didn't add a tip. Then chop up your nuts. I used almonds since peanuts don't last very long in my house, lol! Remove the chocolate from the fridge, gently remove the paper liner and pipe in some peanut butter and top off with your chopped nuts. I think these would be great with some fruit cream cheese dip and fruit slices. I think I may make more for Valentine's day using a little bit of red in the white chocolate.  Enjoy!!

I'm linking these up with:

1 comment:

  1. They look yummy! Thanks for sharing this at Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete