Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 5 of Christmas crafts- ornament photo holder/card holder

Materials:
Wire
ornament
sand
plastic bottle cap
hot glue
red paint


I first saw this idea in a Pier One catalog and thought it was really cute and looked easy to make. This ornament picture holder sold out really fast on the pier one website! They still have the package picture holder though. I want to try this one too with just a small cardboard box, fancy wrapping paper, and ribbon. I  just have to find some wrapping paper. I always have a hard time picking my favorite wrapping papers. Their is just so much out there!!

I started by filling my ornament with a little bit of sand to give it some weight. I then cut 10 inches of wire and with one end I bent the top part of the wire into a curlicue. I then painted the plastic bottle cap red. Although you could do any color you'd like :). I took the curlicue wire and put it into the top of the ornament . My ornament top had two holes I just put in the front hole. I used a little bit of hot glue to the top of the ornament and the wire to hold it in place. Then I hot glued the plastic bottle cap to the bottom of the ornament. :) Put in your favorite pictures or holiday cards and enjoy. If you make the wire smaller you could even use it as a table place card holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment