Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 4 of Christmas crafts- holiday wreaths

Romeo my Dads elk

I hope you all had a great Saturday. I did some volunteer work up at my boyfriends fire department selling/decorating Christmas wreaths. After I went and cut a tree down with my parents and we then decorated their house with lights and other Christmas decorations :). While out looking for the tree we found mistletoe! It was so fun to see out in the woods.

Since I was at the station for most of the day and then went and did our family Christmas tree, I didn't really get time to do my own decorations but I will post a few of the Christmas wreaths I made to sell for the department. Hopefully they'll give you some ideas.


I loved the blue and green branches on this one. I added a store bought red ribbon to the top of the wreath. Then they had some red twist tie berries that I put together to make bunches and placed them in. For the pine cones I just found them behind the fire station and used some wire around the bottom rows and then pushed the wire through the outside to tie off in the back.

For this wreath I started with adding the red store bought ribbon the top. With the twist tie berries again  I put together to make bunches and placed them in. For the pine cones I just found them behind the fire station and spray painted with some white paint. Then used some wire around the bottom rows and then pushed the wire through the outside to tie off in the back. For the white berries they just bought those at a local craft store bunched together with wire and pushed through to the back to wrap up. I also used some artificial cherries and with the wire attached them to the wreath.


For this wreath I put the store bought ribbon on top. Then with the collected pine cones I spray painted them white. Wrapped the wire around the bottom and pushed through to the other side. Then I used some more of the cherries they got at a craft store.

No comments:

Post a Comment