Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 21 of Christmas crafts- initial ornament


I first saw this idea at Weathered Vane, which is a small boutique in Rapid City, SD. They carry a lot of unique items. I wanted to buy it but when I turned it around and saw the price $20, I was like are you kidding me I could make that for a fraction of the cost. I was right too! This project cost $3.  

Materials:
I found this porcelain flat ornament at Michael's on sale!
Scrap book paper
Jeweled initial
Mod podge



I started with tracing the ornament shape on the scrap book paper, cutting out a small hole for the ribbon. I then cut it out and applied some mod podge to the ornament and attached the paper. I centered the initial and placed it on the paper. (My initial was sticky, if the one you choose isn't just apply a little bit of mod podge to the back.) To finish off the ornament I applied a coat of mod podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment