Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 18 Christmas crafts- Candy cane cookies


I love how these cookies turned out!! Of course they didn't last very long in my house either! I saw the idea in a family fun magazine in a waiting room so I couldn't take the recipe with me. So I used Andy's mom's sugar cookie recipe again for these cookies.

Start by making your favorite sugar cookie recipe. Then seperate the dough into thirds and cover in wax paper and place in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes. Then take the dough out add the red food coloring to one third and the green food coloring to another, then knead the coloring into the dough. Heat the oven to 350 or whatever your cookie recipe calls for.  Roll a pair of contrasting colored dough into about 8-inch-long ropes. Twist them together, pinch the ends, then bend the cookies into a candy cane shape. Repeat with the remaining dough.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen these around but yours definitely look the best! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great addition to a family Christmas. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We featured you over at Sassy Sites for our kid craft party! Come by and check it out!! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    http://sassysites.blogspot.com/2010/12/more-christmas-crafts-for-kids.html

    xoxo Marni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Comment Blog ♥ (7) Swap (3/3) Piimanyx
    Oh no !!!
    It sounds too so yummi !!! I want eat this ! I love cookies !!
    I salivate juste seeing your cookies !

    ReplyDelete