Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 16 of Christmas Crafts- Scottie dog ornament

I initially wanted to make this guy for my sisters Christmas present, since she loves Scottie dogs. (I like to attach little ornaments to my packages to give them a little personal touch.) But I think I might just keep this one for myself and make her another one. Maybe in white.

Materials:
ribbon
red thread
needle
black felt
cotton stuffing
silver fabric paint
scissors

I started with attaching this scottie dog template from Allsorts, to my felt with pins. I then cut out the Scottie dog. With the red needle and thread I went around the Scottie dog. When their was like an inch left to sew I added the cotton stuffing and finished sewing up the little guy. I then added a silver dot with the fabric paint for the eye. Finish off with some ribbon to hang the Scottie with and for a pretty collar. I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I could see a bunch of these strung with scrap fabric knots on a garland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute!! I made a gingerbread man 2 years ago and it came out pretty nice, fortunately.

    Krizia from Love Comment Blog ♥ (7)

    ReplyDelete