Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 13 of Christmas crafts- starfish santa

I love this guy! A friend of mine sent me a link to Young House's blog for their Starfish Snowman.  Which I think are also adorable. I just didn't have anymore starfish so when I go to the store tomorrow I'll pick more up and make a few :)!

Materials:
Star fish
red paint
black paint/ black ribbon
yellow paint
white pipe cleaners
paint brushes
hot glue
ribbon/fish string
First figure out how you want your Santa Claus to look. Then paint on the black boots. Then paint the body red. Decide how far you want to go up for the top of the starfish and for the hands. I left my hands the color of the starfish but you can color them black or whatever color you like for gloves. I went about a half inch on the top of the starfish with the red, then left some of the starfish for the face and then painted the tip of the starfish red for his hat. I didn't like how my face turned out so I think I may just paint the whole top of the starfish red. (below is my starfish with the face). Then cut your pipe cleaner to go around each of the starfish arms. I secured the pipe cleaners then with a little bit of hot glue. Then I painted on a thin black stripe for his belt.  After that dried I added the yellow for his belt buckle. Then I used a little bit of hot glue on the back of the starfish and looped some fish string to hang on the tree. :)


1 comment:

  1. love this! I think he's cute with the face. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete