Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 11 of Christmas crafts- ice skate brownies

I found these super cute ice skates on the taste of home website. We went to my boyfriend's holiday party  and we needed to bring a dish so I thought these would be fun, especially for the kids.



Ingredients

  • brownie box mix (the taste of home website has a good brownie recipe, I just didn't have time to make it)
  • miniature candy canes
  • 1/2 cup Andes candy cane chocolate (optional)
  • ice skate template

Start by pre-heating your oven. Then make the brownies according the back of the box. Fold in 1/2 cup of candy cane Andes candies or you can crush some miniture candy canes. Spoon batter into a greased baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Trace ice skate pattern onto cardboard and cut out for template. Using the template and a sharp knife, cut out skates from brownies. For skate blades, use knife to trim the curved end of each candy cane. I added carmel to a few of the brownies, but then I didn't like how that looked.  Hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. That is total genius! I love the candy cane as a skate blade. Thanks for linking up to the Incredible Cookie Party!
    Ashley
    http://cuteasafox.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by from craftomatic blog party.....very cute idea!

    stop by and see me at my little blogspot :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable way to make brownies and so fun to have a candy cane to eat with them. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I featured you over at Crafts & Sutch today! Please stop by, take a peek, and grab a SUTCH an Inspiration button! :)

    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun are those! What a neat treat :)

    Thanks forlinking up to Free for All!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The candy canes look great...finish it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete