Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 10 of Christmas crafts- Christmas light bulb cookies



Ingredients:
  • flour
  • homemade sugar cookie dough  (you can also buy a roll of sugar cookie dough, if you prefer)
  • 1½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
  • 3 cups M&M mini chocolate candies
  • 4 strands red licorice laces
  • drinking straw
  • Christmas light shaped cookie cutter (small)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle your counter top with flour. Roll out your cookie dough to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Separate different colors of M&M minis, and set aside. Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M minis on top of each cookie. Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! These would be so cute to give to the neighbors. Need to find me a bulb cookie cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing at my Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made these with my kids using your boyfriends mom's sugar cookie recipe and they turned out amazing! My kids love them. I need to make another batch for my kids to take to school. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies are so cute! Love how they're strung together like the real thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea! So creative!

    I'm hosting a Christmas Recipe party on Thursday (with prizes). Hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these cookies and best of all I think that the kids would love them as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Recipe Party. I'm featuring some of the recipes from the party on my blog later this week, and I've chosen your recipe to feature. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all for your wonderful comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG super, super cute way of decorating them!! I have the exact same cookie cutter and now I have a cuter version of decorating! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete