Saturday, November 20, 2010

Floating ghost




Here's what you need:
1 Liter Pop Bottle
Starch
Cheese Cloth
Scrap piece of felt or black paper
Styrofoam ball (the white kind works better)
Scissor
wire hanger or any wire you have will work 

Make you ghost form. I tapped the Styrofoam ball on top of the bottle. You can also poke the neck of the bottle into the Styrofoam ball. (if you are using a green floral ball cover it with plastic wrap or something so you don't get green fuzzies on your cheese cloth.)

I  used a wire hanger to make arms, lay the cheese cloth over your ghost form. Spray it down with starch. I like to use a spray bottle so I can control how my starch I use. The more starch the stiffer your ghost
Next let your ghost sit for a few hours and dry. If you'd like you can set it outside in the sun or use a blow dryer but I wasn't really in a hurry so I just went to work on another project while waiting. Once it is completely dry, pull it off of your form and glue on some black eyes and mouth. I used black paper from a DSW bag :), you can also use black felt if you'd like. I glued it on with Elmer's glue and tada you have a cheese cloth ghost!
This is what happens when you leave your ghost where your cats can get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment