Saturday, September 4, 2010

Homesick......

Labor day weekend... last weekend to wear white or go tubbing on the lake. The leaves are begining to change to these vibrant yellow and red colors. Perfect time of the year when the apple orchards open up and offer fresh pressed cider and apple tarts. Samplings of all kinds of apples. My new found love of hay rides and being able to go out and pick your own pumpkins to carve for Halloween. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I grew up in Northern MN and to this day still remember labor day weekend. It was the last weekend of the State fair in the heart of St. Paul. Time spent with close family and friends. Our last chance to get mini donuts and anything fried on a stick. After a fun filled day of learning new things and getting free things we always drove to Snelling blvd to see the old victorian homes. I always dreamed about living in one of these homes as a young girl. My Mom, sister, and I always stayed busy we biked and rollerbladed the lakes in St. Paul/Minneapolis. Living in Colorado I'm still trying to adjust to the dry climate (it kills my hair and skin), not having lakes around and a state fair 3 hours away.  I also miss not having much of a fall. We don't get those beautiful colors. I think of Colorado as having winter and summer seasons. I'm feeling homesick for MN and my family there. =( Don't get me wrong Colorado is a great place to live just not right for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment